I have been thinking about the book to recommend for you to achieve your goal and maximize your potential in life however I can’t think of any other book apart from my number one reference book – The Bible. As far as I am concerned, there are two books. The Bible and others. So, from the Manufacturer’s manual (The Bible), I want to share with you seven secrets to be all God wants you to be in life and in your career.
- Be strong. Don’t give yourself excuse not to be a performer. It was Robert Schuller who said, tough time never last but tough people do. Be one of such people. Work hard or better still work smart and remember it is only in the dictionary that success comes before work. Most importantly, understand that you can do all things through Christ that strengthens you.
- Be courageous. Don’t let fear stop you from achieving your goals. Ignore fear. Proceed in power and sound mind with deeper understanding that you are not alone.
- Read the Word of God. Don’t be ashamed to let people know that you love the Scripture. Have a plan to read your Bible from Genesis to Revelation every year.
- Think on the Word of God. What you think upon shapes your life and destiny. You are indeed what you think.
- Speak the Word of God. There is power in your tongue therefore confess the many promises in the Bible. Say it like you want it.
- Apply the Word i.e., love God and love people and don’t forget that the only way to show that you are in love with God is to obey him.
- Pray always and remember, the best way not to pray amiss is to pray Scriptural prayers. However, you mustn’t be like some that think, they should not work because they are praying. Understand that you should pray as though everything depended on God and work as though everything depended on you to paraphrase St Augustine’s famous quote
I am sure if you follow these secrets, you will achieve your dreams.
See you on the top.