“Man shall not by bread alone but by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD.” Jesus Christ quoted this verse when the devil tempted Him to turn stones into bread. Moses had earlier been inspired to write the same in the Book of Deuteronomy 8:3. LASB writes “Many people think that life is based on satisfying their appetites. If they can earn enough money to dress, eat, and play in high style, they think they are living “the good life.” But such things do not satisfy our deepest longings. In the end they leave us empty and dissatisfied. Real life, according to Moses, come from total commitment to God and living by every word that comes from Him.”
But how can we live by His Word?
- Recognize our need for it.
- Agree that God alone can truly satisfy us.
- Pray for God’s presence, wisdom and direction as we read.
- Savor the relationship you have with Him through Christ.
- Practice what He teaches you.