- God, the creator of the universe, the one who holds all things in being, and who therefore knows everything there is to know, and who is infinitely wise, and full of grace and truth — this God inspired the writers of the Bible in such a way that the Christian Scriptures are the infallible word of God.
- Jesus, the incarnate Word of God, who was with God and was God from all eternity, stands at the central hinge of history and pledges His absolute allegiance to the Old Testament as the inerrant word of God, and pledges His absolute commitment to bring the fullness of God’s written revelation to completion in the New Testament.
- The word of God to us in the Bible is complete.
- In the Bible, we see God — more surely and more clearly than anywhere else.
- By the word, God gave us life. Life from spiritual deadness. Life that lives by union with His life. Life that will last forever.
- The warfare against soul-destroying sin is won by the word of God.
- By the word God imparts to us the very joy that his Son has in himself.
I pray that every day will start with the miracle of desiring and seeing and savoring the glory of God. I pray that God will incline your heart to His testimonies, and that He will open the eyes of your hearts to see wonders, and that you will store them up so that you do not sin, but are filled with joy — the very joy of Christ.
Adapted from desiringgod.org