Dispensationalism is a method of interpreting history by dividing God’s work and purposes toward mankind into different periods of time. Seven dispensations have been identified by theologians and they include;
1. The dispensation of innocence i.e., the period of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden
2. The dispensation of conscience, which lasted about 1,656 years from the time of Adam and Eve’s eviction from the garden until the flood.
3. The dispensation of human government which began after the flood
4. The dispensation of promise. It started with the call of Abraham and continued through the lives of the patriarchs ending with Exodus of the Jewish people from Egypt.
5. The dispensation of the law. This lasted for about 1,500 years, from the Exodus until the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross.
6. The dispensation of grace, the one in which we now live. It began with the New Covenant in Christ’s blood and it will end with the Rapture of all born-again believers from the earth to go to heaven with Christ.
7. The Millennial Kingdom of Christ dispensation.
One more thing about the current dispensation. It is a period where mercy and grace have kissed each other. No one that asks Christ for mercy will be denied.
Recently I shared a video https://youtu.be/8dWyFzOGYvI about how by His mercy, God says No to things that could harm us.
I also played two inspiring songs from Worship Central Album titled “Mercy Road.”
Find time to watch it.
Do have a fantastic week ahead.