The Power of Written Goals

The Power of Written Goals

We must never underestimate the power of writing goals down. Guess what the Director of US Space Exploration did when President John F. Kennedy announced (On 25 May 1961) to the Americans
write your goals

Share this Article

Researchers at Yale University did a survey of graduating class in 1953 and found that 3% of the graduates had a set of clearly defined written goals. Twenty years later, in 1973, the same researchers went back and visited the class of ’53 and they found the 3% of the graduates with these written goals had amassed a net worth that was greater than the other 97% combined. Interesting!

We must never underestimate the power of writing goals down. Guess what the Director of US Space Exploration did when President John F. Kennedy announced (On 25 May 1961) to the Americans, a goal of sending an American safely to the moon before the end of that decade. He wrote the goal down even though he didn’t know how it will be possible.

So today, I have a question for you. What are your five main goals in life? Take some time to think about them. Think Big. Think about what you cannot achieve with your ability but with God’s help. Then write them down. Do you know that John D. Rockefeller, who is widely considered the wealthiest American of all time, had two goals in life that he wrote down?

1. Make $100,000.

2. Live to be 100 years old.

At the end of the day, John satisfied the first one more than 1000 times over and he almost achieved the second, he died at age 97.

Write your BIG goal(s) down. It is possible with God.

“If you have a goal, write it down. If you do not write it down, you do not have a goal – you have a wish.”   Steven Maraboli

Tosin 'Badeniyi, PhD

Tosin 'Badeniyi, PhD

Tosin ‘Badeniyi, a Professor at the Department of Biotechnology and Food Science at Durban University of Technology, South Africa, holds a doctoral degree in Food Science from University of Pretoria South Africa. Since 2001, he has conducted research and lectured internationally in the area of food quality and safety. He is the editor of Food Science and Technology: Trends and Future Prospects and has published numerous scientific publications as well as four inspirational books.

Share this Article

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

Send Us A Message

Connect with Tosin

Prof. Tosin ‘Badeniyi shares amazing insight about life and wealth on his Facebook timeline. Click here to join this exciting conversation.

Related Posts

Spirituality

Saving faith

In Scripture, we encounter a seemingly paradoxical message: one passage emphasizes salvation through belief in the Lord Jesus, stating, "Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will […]
Read More
Spirituality

God be with you, Bro Elijah till we meet again

It came as a shock to learn of your passing through Facebook yesterday. Upon visiting your page, I discovered that this somber event had occurred a few days ago. This morning, […]
Read More
Spirituality

Reflecting on a Non-White Christmas Miracle

Last Christmas brought an uncommon sight to Minnesota—a non-white Christmas with no snow, a rare occurrence last observed in the 50s. While it might be easy to attribute this […]
Read More
Spirituality

Divine Transitions: Navigating God’s Call to New Horizons

At various times, divine providence orchestrates extraordinary blessings by compelling individuals to venture beyond their familiar and comfortable surroundings, nudging them toward […]
Read More
Spirituality

Bold Prayers: Drawing Inspiration from Jabez’s Direct Communication with God

One Bible character who exemplifies the power of bold prayer is Jabez. Despite the mystery surrounding his name and the challenging circumstances of his birth, Jabez turned to […]
Read More
Spirituality

Liberating Grace: Unleashing the Power of Freedom in Christ for Exuberant Service

As followers of Christ, it is crucial for us to purposefully wield our freedom as a powerful instrument for a life marked by exuberant service. This liberty, graciously bestowed […]
Read More

Join Our Newsletter

Let Prof. Tosin Teach You Personal Development, Wealth Mindset & Spirituality. Get timeless wisdom for personal growth, wealth creation and spirituality delivered straight to your inbox.

Scroll to Top